Serves: 2-3 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 10 mins
• 1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
• cloves garlic peeled & slightly bruised
• 3 slices ginger
• 2 stalks spring onions cut to 2 inch lengths
• 8oz fresh Lion’s mane mushrooms, cut to small chunks
• 1 carrot, peeled and sliced thinly
• A handful of fresh sweet basil leaves
• 1 1/2 tbsp Shaoxing wine or yellow rice wine
• 1 tbsp light soy sauce
• 1 tsp dark soy sauce
• 40ml water
• 1 tsp sugar
1. Heat sesame oil in the wok and add garlic cloves, ginger and the spring onion. Stir fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
2. Add mushrooms and carrots, stir fry briefly. Sizzle Shaoxing wine and add light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, 40ml water and sugar. Stir evenly, and simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the mushrooms are cooked and tender soft.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Linda Huang of The Hummingbird's Kitchen