• 4 cups king oysters or black pearl oysters (sliced thinly)
• 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 2 cups apple cider vinegar
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 2 Tbsp kosher salt
• 2 sprigs thyme
• 3 cloves
1. Slice your mushrooms thinly, either by hand or with a mandolin, and then transfer to a mixing bowl. Add kosher salt to the mushrooms and mix well. Let the mushrooms sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes to start leeching out moisture
2. In a large sauce pot, bring the apple cider vinegar and sugar to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and add in the mushrooms. Cook the mushrooms until they begin to soak of the liquid and slightly plump up.
3. Remove the mushrooms from heat and transfer to a sterile/very clean jar. Cover them completely with at least 1/2" of olive oil and transfer to refrigerator. Conserva will hold in the refrigerator up to 6 months.