Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Total time: 30 minutes
• 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
• 1/4 cup honey
• 2 tablespoons Chinese black vinegar
• 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
• 3 tablespoons tahini paste
• 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
• 3 cloves garlic, grated
• 8 ounces rice noodles
• 2 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
• 1 cups fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
• 1/2 cup shredded carrot
• 2 tablespoons avocado oil
• 3 cups oyster mushrooms, sliced thin
• 2 shallots, chopped
• 2 green onions chopped, for serving
1. To make the soy sesame sauce: Combine 1/2 cup soy sauce, honey, Chinese black vinegar, rice vinegar, tahini paste, 1 tablespoon ginger, 1 clove garlic, and 1/3 cup warm water in a bowl.
2. Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil shimmers, add the oyster mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes or until golden. Add the shallots, 1 tablespoon ginger, and 2 cloves garlic. Cook 4-5 minutes, until fragrant. Add 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Cook another 2-3 minutes, until the mushrooms are caramelized. Set aside.
3. Cook the rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
4. Mix the broth and the soy sesame sauce in the pot. Bring to a simmer over medium heat for 5 mins, then ladle the broth into bowls. Add the noodles and toss combine. Spoon the mushrooms over the noodles. Top with baby spinach, shredded carrots and green onions.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Linda Huang of The Hummingbird's Kitchen